Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In Celebration!

In celebration of my first post I was up at dawn taking pictures. Not really. The landscapers were arriving early to lay down edging so I was forced out of my warm bed at first light. Still, it was beautiful. Below is my Japanese maple backlit by the morning sun.
  Acer palmatum dissectum 'Viridis'

The maple in the above picture will be replacing this monster below, which I think is some type of willow. Hubby dug one up out of the front garden two years ago so we decided to hire the professionals to remove this one. They're digging as I type. We're removing it because Hubby is concerned about the branches constantly rubbing against the house. I think he has a point but also just doesn't like it. His fantasy yard is nothing but green grass.
Mystery willow
 My landscaping project involves the removal of this shrub, removal of a Japanese beetle-attracting plum tree, edging installation, and mulching. Pics to follow upon completion of the project.

The Bunk is fascinated by all the activity. It's never this exciting around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment